When a loved one dies, there are a number of difficult decisions that need to be made in a limited period of time. Everything from the division of assets to the type of memorial service that will occur will have to be settled within a matter of days following death. Unfortunately, these hard decisions can often cause family members to experience disagreement and undue emotional duress during one of the most trying periods of their lives.
Pre-planning your funeral, burial and division of assets in advance of your death can make the grieving process substantially easier on your family members and loved ones. Making plans in advance of your death may not seem like a pressing matter; however, it can reduce the burden your family experiences at the time of their greatest need.
Additionally, it’s important to ensure that your wishes are carried out after your death. If you haven’t made arrangements prior to your death, there’s a chance that you won’t be buried or commemorated the way that you want. Working with a funeral home in advance of your death can help you ensure that your funeral service in Clark County, WI is in line with your final wishes.
Here are just a few things that you can do in advance of your death to help make things easier on your family and ensure that your wishes are accurately carried out:
- Establish a will: First, you’ll need to determine how your assets should be divided after your death. Establishing a will is one of the most important things that you can do to make the grieving process easier on your family and loved ones.
- Find a funeral home: Next, you should find a funeral home that you’re comfortable with. You should be able to trust the funeral home to carry out your wishes, and help you arrange everything necessary for your memorial and burial in advance.
- Determine your burial method of choice: You’ll have to decide if you want to be embalmed or cremated, and how you’d like to be buried. For instance, if you want to have your ashes scattered, you might discuss this with your funeral home director.
- Establish a payment arrangement: Many clients choose to pay for their funeral service in Clark County, WI in advance of their death. This can reduce the financial burden experienced by their friends and loved ones.
- Find a cemetery: Finally, you should identify the cemetery that you’d like to be buried in. You’ll need to purchase a plot in the cemetery, and also purchase a headstone.
Maurina-Schilling Funeral Homes has been serving Clark County, WI since 1937. We’re proud to provide quality funeral services and more to each and every one of our clients. You can count on us to ensure that your wishes are accurately carried out after your death, and that everything is completely taken care of so that your family doesn’t have to worry about a thing during this difficult time.
To begin planning your funeral service in Clark County, WI, reach out to one of our friendly and professional representatives today.
Categorised in: Planning a Funeral